Freezer-Friendly Single Serving Egg MuffinsMay 03, 2023
Eggs are a great addition to pregnancy and postpartum nutrition. Eggs provide a great source of protein along with other micronutrients like iodine, B-vitamins, zinc, choline, and DHA to promote healing and enrich breast milk to support the baby's proper growth and development.
- 1 lb ground sausage of choice
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Cook the sausage until fully cooked.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Add in the cooked sausage, cheese and sea salt and stir until evenly distributed.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased or lined muffin tin and bake until cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool then transfer to a baking sheet to freeze. Once they are frozen, transfer to a plastic bag or other storage of choice.
- To reheat these, just pop them in the oven at 350F until heated through.
SUBSCRIBE FOR GUT HEALTH TIPS IN YOUR INBOX
Our favorite recipes and lifestyle tips for a healthy gut!
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.