Winter Squash MashNov 18, 2022
This is the perfect Thanksgiving side dish with just 5 ingredients! Take advantage of the bounty of winter squash that are available in the fall season, and make this sweet and savory mash (20x better than mashed potatoes!!)
- 2 medium squash (I like a mixture of acorn, butternut, or honeynut)
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 tsp Pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)
- Preheat oven to 325F (162C).
- Place the ghee and butter into a small oven safe dish and place it in the oven while it preheats to melt.
- Meanwhile, cut your squash of choice in half, remove the seeds and pulp, and season with extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Place face down on a baking sheet.
- Once the ghee and butter are melted, add the garlic cloves to the dish ensuring they are mostly submerged. Add to the tray with the squash.
- Bake the squash and ghee garlic mixture for 1 hour, until the squash is for tender. Then remove from the oven and let cool until easy to handle.
- Scoop the squash flesh into a bowl and pour in the garlic, butter, ghee mixture. Mash together until fully combined and garlic is evenly dispersed. Season with pumpkin pie spice and sea salt to taste!
SUBSCRIBE FOR GUT HEALTH TIPS IN YOUR INBOX
Our favorite recipes and lifestyle tips for a healthy gut!
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.