Refined Sugar-Free Pulled PorkMay 03, 2023
Not only is this recipe incredibly easy, it provides great micronutrients and lots of collagen to stimulate tissue healing for postpartum recovery.
- 5-6 lb pork butt or shoulder (ideally pasture raised)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup bone broth
- juice from 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons organic tamari or coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- In a small bowl mix the olive oil, sea salt, and smoked paprika. Rub this mixture all over the pork shoulder.
- Add the onions to the slow cooker and add the pork shoulder on top.
- Mix the bone broth, orange juice, apple cider vinegar, tamari, and mustard then pour that over the meat in the slow cooker.
Cook on low for 7-10 hours. Or, cook in a covered oven-safe baking dish like a dutch oven at 250F for 4-5 hours. The meat is done when it easily pulls apart with a fork. In a pressure cooker, cook for 90 minutes on high pressure and allow natural pressure release.
SUBSCRIBE FOR GUT HEALTH TIPS IN YOUR INBOX
Our favorite recipes and lifestyle tips for a healthy gut!
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.